Friday 1 May 2015

Month 31

16th April 2015

I have been so excited for today..... today was the day I had my braces off.

Max started by taking the lower brackets off which just popped off. The ceramic braces were a little more difficult and needed some grinding off. The left molar band didn't want to budge and Max had to grind it to weaken it!

It took an hour to get them all off and was a little uncomfortable pulling the ceramics off. It was all worth it when Max handed me the mirror, I really couldn't believe they were my teeth. I have always seen people's nice straight teeth and never thought mine would ever look like that even after braces.

Max then fitted my upper bonded retainer and took moulds for my retainers.

Here are my before treatment pictures (cringe). Can really see how prominent they were here.

My teeth after braces :) I couldn't be happier. I can't stop feeling them with my tongue and looking at them.



 
 
I am getting an extra set of retainers made to start whitening them, I will blog my progress once I start.

22nd April 2015

I picked my essix retainers up today, the bottom one hadn't arrived so It will be mailed to me next week. I am to wear them full time for 2 weeks and then just at night. 

28th April 2015

I received my lower retainer today in the post. Wow it was tight at first I thought is this someone else's 😳. It took some pushing and I got it in. Very painful to take it out and has irritated my gums. My ortho also asked me to write a testimonial for their website. Here are my teeth with my retainers in. 



1st May 2015

My lower retainer has started to feel lot more comfortable and looser. I will start whitening them soon now that my gums are feeling better.  I feel so much more confident with my new teeth, best decision I have made. 

3 comments:

  1. It’s quite liberating to finally be free from your braces, no? I’m glad that you felt better after having them removed. That said, it is a great idea to start on teeth whitening after the removal of your braces, so that you can enjoy those perfectly-aligned pearly whites sooner. Thanks for sharing your journey with braces with us, I look forward in reading more from you. Good day!

    Rudy Spencer @ LondonBridgeDentalPractice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our vision is to democratise the consumption of quality Dental services by our trained experts in Delhi NCR

    visit 32teeths.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our vision is to democratise the consumption of quality Dental services by our trained experts in Delhi NCR

    visit 32teeths.com

    ReplyDelete